Lapford was originally a single manor but was dismembered under the Radford family. The newspaper announcement from 1809, below, shows the intended sale of Radford property with Court Barton Farm being considered as a separate entity to Lapford Manor.
Court Barton’s status was elevated with the sale. It’s 170 acres were sold off to Phillip Kelland as a “lesser manor”. This manorial status is still reflected in the famhouse’s name today: Court Barton Manor Farm.